Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
Maintain complete knowledge of, or where to access to following information: a) all hotel features/services, hours of operation. b) all room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments and location. c) all room rates, special packages and promotions. d) daily house count and expected arrivals/departures. e) room availability status for any given day. f) scheduled daily group activities.
Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
Pick up, count and maintain bank. Secure bank at all times.
Read the log book daily, and record all pertinent information in the log book.
Process currency exchange and payments to guest accounts.
Process adjustments, rebates, paid outs and credits as required.
Operate P.M.S. (Property Management System) and maintain security of system.
Verifies and makes corrections to the Room Rate Report.
Post and audit Banquet charges.
Adjust outside Vendor activity.
Reconcile telephone calls and miscellaneous accounts.
Backup computer system files.
Verifies that all checks are closed, and closes and logs any open check in the P.O.S. (Point of Sale) system.
Prints Food & Beverage end of day reports.
Audit Food & Beverage cashiers work and correct discrepancies.
Audit Rooms Cashiers work and correct discrepancies.
Audit all miscellaneous charges. (Banquets, Bars etc.)
Verifies package postings on house accounts.
Input all sales figures into the P.M.S. and balance all accounts (Property Management System).
Run Room & Tax verifying that all room rates posted.
Verify Cashiers Report to drop log and paperwork.
Record room statistics.
Close P.O.S. after all work is balanced.
Run end of day program and close day.
Check that interfaces are up and running.
Run daily Flash Reports and distribute accordingly.
Run morning reports and backup reports and distribute accordingly.
Print express check out folios and distribute.
Sign out and brief relief.
Review Night Audit checklist and verify that all work has been completed.
Restock all printers.
Fill out and deposit payment and corresponding checks.
Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with on-coming Supervisor.
Document maintenance needs on work orders and submit to Manager/Supervisor.
Attend monthly department meetings and training sessions as necessary.
Education & Experience:
1. High school graduate or equivalent vocational training certificate.
2. Previous experience in a similar position in a select service hotel.
3. Must have good understanding of the English language.
4. Good communication skills both verbal and written.
5. Provide excellent customer service and maintain a professional demeanor
6. Compute basic arithmetic.
7. Ability to: perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy. prioritize, organize and follow up. be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment. follow directions thoroughly. understand guests service needs. work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team. work with minimal supervision. maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
1. College degree.
2. Previous Front Desk/Night Audit experience.
3. Experience with computers, calculators or word processors.
4. Ability to input and access information in the property management system/point of sale system/computers.
5. Previous guest relations training
6. Certification in CPR.