Market Manager (Chicago, IL)
Job ID #: 22114
Company: **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
Location: USA - IL - Chicago
Functional Area: Hotel/Hospitality
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors
Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Relocation Provided: Yes
The Market Manager is a market-based role responsible for building revenue growth and developing and sustaining strong hotel partner relationships within the assigned market in an effort to gain inventory for all Expedia brands. This includes negotiating favorable inventory rates and allocations at property level and driving key activities that support Expedia’s revenue goals and strategic objectives. The core focus for this position is to drive revenue for a defined area through managing a portfolio of local lodging suppliers in their market in an effort to build a sustainable long term relationship resulting in superior revenue results and inventory supply.
• Deliver revenue and/or acquisition goals through management of inventory, rates and supplier relations through negotiation of best inventory and most strategically competitive rates in assigned market. Secure inventory through on-going account management during acquisition and renewal
• Negotiate and secure market deals, promotions and dynamic rate rules. Coordinate with Point of Sale (POS) to leverage merchandising opportunities and offerings
• Evaluate market trends and competitor activity and provide analysis and recommendations to management
• Develop and sustain strong partner relationships by delivering superior consulting services and capturing marketing and sales opportunities through regular partner contact and delivering value added services
• Provide meaningful performance reporting analysis to partners at the property level to implement win-win solutions in order for the partner and Expedia to achieve market performance and long-term activity goals
• Develop and drive sound recommendations/action plans based on insights from data analysis to optimize partner hotels in the Expedia market place and their lodging market overall
• Develop a strong network and relationships within the local market in order to leverage appropriate market influencers (e.g. congress and tourism bureau, hotel association, etc.) and provide expertise to the local industry
• Promote Expedia’s full suite of products offerings and key initiatives to partners and educate them on the full use of our products and tools
• Act as liaison between partners and other Expedia functional areas to train and educate partners on the various Expedia tools, connectivity solutions, payment and billing alternatives and other partner facing Expedia systems or services
• Coordinate with other Expedia teams and functional areas to create and implement innovative business solutions aimed at building a strong market presence, merchandising, and attractive value propositions
• Lead the development and execution of overall market business plans, and ensure Expedia has a long-term business strategy to deepen our position in the assigned market/territory
• Provide coaching to colleagues (peers, Associate Market Managers, and Revenue Specialists) on best practices
• Other reasonable duties, as assigned
• Demonstrated understanding of how to match market demand and supply
• Strong written and oral communication skills; including fundamental presentation skills and the demonstrated ability to articulate ideas clearly and appropriately influence others
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to work and thrive in a multi-tasked, fast paced environment
• Specific language skills may be required dependent upon location
• Possess the ability to understand and optimize yield strategies and revenue management to drive and leverage business
• Possess ability to develop and present relevant and insightful analysis including performance analysis, market analysis, and competitor analysis and to implement meaningful action plans based on the analysis
• Ability to influence internal and external decision makers
• Demonstrated ability to establish and adhere to priorities in a fast pace environment
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Intermediate/Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint, is desirable
• 2-4 years related industry experience and college degree; or a Master degree in Hospitality or Revenue Management
• Relationship Management: Establishes and builds healthy working relationships with partners.
• Solution Alignment: Evaluates rates and availability with an understanding of products, services, and the market for the purpose of obtaining favorable arrangements for Expedia.
• Sales & Negotiation: Effectively works in a defined market or region, identifying prospective partners, and negotiating successfully in a constructive and collaborative manner
• Communication & Influence: Conveys, receives, and interprets ideas and information, presents information appropriately to a diverse range of audiences, and influences partner decisions.
• People Management: Encourages, motivates, and guides individuals and teams in learning and improving effectiveness and develops and improves individual, team, and organizational performance.
• Strategy Execution: Develops goals, ideas and initiatives that improve the organization''s performance, manage costs, and drive change at all levels.
• Passion for Results: Driving high standards for individual, team, and organizational accomplishment; tenaciously working to meet or exceed challenging goals; deriving satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement.About Expedia Inc.
About Expedia Inc.
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to readi
Website : http://www.expedia.com