Provide sales/marketing solutions and vertical market expertise for Restaurant Strategic Team, specifically on Quick Serve , Casual Dinning & Family Dining. Deliver Valassis product solutions: Integrated Media Optimization (IMO), targeting, market intelligence and analytics, brand portfolio – newspaper, direct mail and online products. Directly support the VP Client Marketing, Restaurant Team and Restaurant Strategic Sales Executives.
1. Drive Revenue: Strategic collaboration and support in achieving Client Marketing and Sales' Goals/Objectives, for assigned Restaurant team accounts.
2. Restaurant Subject Matter Expert (SME): Provide market expertise and cross-company team resource, including a full understanding of the industry competitive landscape, consumer media habits and operational go to market approach and key Initiatives.
3. Portfolio Expertise: Full Product knowledge of all Valassis/RedPlum products and services, including wrap, inserts, newspaper ROP, AdNotes, Preprints, RedPlum.com network, Hispanic and ethnic niche marketing
4. Research Development: Source vertical industry subscriber and consumer data, access, process and analyze from TNS, BIG Research, Scarbourgh, IRI and other available data sources, interpret and create actionable sales tools. Support Sales Execs with product insight, consumer insight, advertising planning insight, campaign development.
5. Solutions Development: Develop customized solutions that satisfy the customer's objectives and goals. Determine needs and critical resources needed and request Targeting/Media Planning/Creative services to support sales presentations, prospecting and closing deals. Lead development of client-ready presentations, business reviews, reports, profile pages (sell sheets), case studies and success stories, leveraging results to develop client specific solutions across communications vertical.
6. Sales Prospecting/Development: Act as customer contact point for marketing needs, and when appropriate, participate in sales calls and phone conferences. Help Sales Execs develop and maintain yearly client game plans strategies for key customers. Contribute to the preparation and execution of RFP & corporate agreement response, marketing campaigns and trade events.
7. Cross-Team Engagement, Support: Work across company to engage strategic and field sales, wrap crew, newspaper team, targeting, pricing, market intelligence, print distribution services, client services and others as needed. Provide efficient and courteous internal and external customer service through mail, PC or telephone. Take part in other projects/duties as assigned by Sales & Marketing Leaders and Sales Associates.
8. Training: Attend and participate in all required meetings and training; apply and share knowledge as applicable. Continue to develop your product and vertical industry knowledge by taking advantage of internal resources and external training/seminars.
Job location is open but West Coast (CA) highly preferred.
Desired Skills & Experience
Knowledge & Skills:
Understanding of Wrap, Newspaper and Online Products Planning, Placement and Pricing Policies, Procedures, Theories, Principles, Concepts
Experience: Working with external Direct Mail, Direct Marketing or Newspaper advertising agency, as client and/or within internal Valassis client services, marketing or sales groups
Problem-Solving, Decision Making: Ability to work independently, and provide leadership on Wrap, Newspaper and Online Products and their Complexities, Good Decision-making and Out-of-the-Box Thinking
Internal/External Customer Focus: Good Working Relationships with Internal Sales teams, and support of their clients and client agencies
BA/BS with 8-10 yrs progressive development OR Grad Degree with 3-4 yrs progressive development
Solid Organization, Time Management Skills
Microsoft Office Suite expertise, ability to work with team SharePoint sites, Crossbow, Constant Contact, ExperienceValassis.com, and market intelligence systems
Excellent computer skills, Microsoft office, strong research, analytics and market intelligence experience, incl. familiarity and past use of BIG Research, TNS, Scarborough, Crossbow, AIA Portal, Sharepoint team sites, Constant Contact, ExperienceValassis.com and other Valassis internal systems
To apply, please click on the link below or email me directly at ****
Valassis is one of the nation's leading media and marketing services companies, offering unparalleled reach and scale to more than 15,000 advertisers. Its RedPlum® media portfolio delivers value on a weekly basis to over 100 million shoppers across a multi-media platform – in-home, in-store and in-motion. Through its digital offering, including redplum.com and save.com, consumers can find compelling national and local deals online. Headquartered in Livonia, Michigan with approximately 7,000 associates in 28 states and eight countries, Valassis is widely recognized for its associate and corporate citizenship programs, including its America's Looking for Its Missing Children® program. Valassis companies include Valassis Direct Mail, Inc., Valassis Canada, Promotion Watch, Brand.net, Circlestreet, Valassis Relationship Marketing Systems, LLC and NCH Marketing Services, Inc. For more information, visit ********and ****Valassis
Valassis Communications, Inc
Website : http://www.valassis.com
Valassis Communications offers door-to-door marketing without taking a toll on its shoes. A leading producer of newspaper inserts, Valassis sells space for advertising and coupons in its four-color booklets (accounting for about half of sales), which are distributed to some 60 million households through about 550 Sunday newspapers. Outside the US, Valassis produces the Shop & Save insert, which reaches about 5 million Canadian households. Valassis acquired direct mail marketing leader ADVO in 2007 for about $1.2 billion. The deal creates a giant in the marketing services industry, serving more than 15,000 advertisers worldwide with operations in more than 20 US states and nine other countries.