Associate Market Manager (San Francisco, CA)
JOB ID #: \n23359
COMPANY: **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
LOCATION: USA - CA - San\nFrancisco
FUNCTIONAL AREA: Hotel/Hospitality
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: \nFull-Time Regular
EDUCATION REQUIRED: Bachelors
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:\n 3-5 Years
RELOCATION PROVIDED: To be determined
The Associate Market Manager is a\nmarket-based role responsible for building revenue growth and\ndeveloping and sustaining strong hotel partner relationships within\ntheir assigned markets. This includes negotiating favorable inventory\nrates and allocations at property level, and driving key activities\nthat support Expedia's revenue goals and strategic objectives. The\ncore focus for this position is to drive revenue and room night\nperformance for a defined area through managing a portfolio of local\nlodging suppliers in their market in an effort to build a sustainable\nlong term relationship resulting in superior revenue results and\ninventory supply.
- Deliver revenue and/or\nacquisition goals through management of inventory, content, rates and\nsupplier relations through negotiation of best inventory and most\nstrategically competitive rates in the assigned market. Secure\ninventory through on-going account management during acquisition and\nrenewal
- Negotiate and secure market deals, promotions and dynamic\nrate rules. Coordinate with Point of Sale (POS) to leverage\nmerchandising opportunities and offerings
- Evaluate market trends\nand competitor activity and provide analysis and recommendations to\nmanagement
- Develop and sustain strong partner relationships by\ndelivering superior consulting services and capturing marketing and\nsales opportunities through regular partner contact and delivering\nvalue added services
- Provide meaningful performance reporting\nanalysis to partners at the property level to implement win-win\nsolutions in order for the partner and Expedia to achieve market\nperformance and long-term activity goals
- Develop and drive sound\nrecommendations/action plans based on insights from data analysis to\noptimize partner hotels in the Expedia market place and their lodging\nmarket overall
- Develop a strong network and relationships within\nthe local market in order to leverage appropriate market influencers\n(e.g. congress and tourism bureau, hotel association etc.) and provide\nexpertise to the local industry
- Promote Expedia's full suite of\nproducts offerings and key initiatives to partners and educate them on\nthe full use of our products and tools
- Act as liaison between\npartners and other Expedia functional areas to train and educate\npartners on the various Expedia tools, connectivity solutions, payment\nand billing alternatives, and other partner facing Expedia systems or\nservices
- Coordinate with other Expedia teams and functional areas\nto create and implement innovative business solutions aimed at\nbuilding a strong market presence, merchandising, and attractive value\npropositions
- Lead the development and execution of overall market\nbusiness plans, and ensure Expedia has a long-term business strategy\nto deepen our position in the assigned market/territory
Required\nSkills & Experience
- 0-2 years related industry experience and\ncollege degree; or equivalent degree in Hospitality or Revenue\nManagement
- Demonstrated understanding of how to match market demand\nand supply
- Ability to analyze data and take proper actions without\ndirection
- Strong written and oral communication skills; including\nfundamental presentation skills and the demonstrated ability to\narticulate ideas clearly and appropriately influence others
-\nProficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work\nand thrive in a multi-tasked, fast paced environment
- Proficiency in\nEnglish. Other language skills may be required depending on the\nlocation of the position
About Expedia Inc.
Our mission is to\nrevolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively,\nthe **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching,\nplanning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to\nreading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a\ndestination once you arrive. The **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. portfolio serves both\nleisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from\nmodest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly\nevery continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines,\ntour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply\npartners. Please visit ****to learn more\nabout our travel brands.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The\nemployer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if\nnecessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information\nfrom each new employee's I-9 to confirm work\nauthorization.