One of the many reasons why Chipotle is unlike other fast food companies is the fact that nearly all of the leaders are promoted from our crew.
Many restaurant companies hire professional managers to run their restaurants and almost never look to their crews for new leaders. But last year at Chipotle, 97% of our general managers were promoted from our crews and because our company is growing, there's plenty of opportunity.
Countless people who came simply looking for a job now find themselves leading dozens, or even thousands of people while enjoying a career that is totally fulfilling, fun, and financially rewarding beyond anything they thought possible. It's pretty simple: If you work hard, you'll get noticed and before you know it, you'll be on a roll.
Position Summary: Leads the successful day-to-day operations of the restaurant. Trains and develops crew, provides exceptional customer service, and maintains budgets set by the General Manager. Works shoulder-to-shoulder with the General Manager to prepare for the General Manager role as his/her next position with the company.
Main Accountabilities: In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
• Leading the restaurant team in successful day-to-day operations
• Identifying talent, interviewing, and hiring new Crew
• Participating in personnel decisions regarding the restaurant team, including transfers and terminations
• Training and developing the restaurant team, especially Kitchen and Service Managers
• Building sales and managing the restaurant budget
• Assisting the General Manager in performing administrative duties including payroll, inventory, food ordering, proper cash handling, etc.
• Writing schedules that meet the needs of the business so that a great customer experience is delivered while maintaining financial responsibility
• Leading by example and being a role model of the standards and behaviors consistent with Chipotle’s values and culture
• Successfully communicating company changes/focus to the team
• Ensuring that safety and security standards are emphasized and adhered to, and that employees are trained in appropriate responses to unsafe situations
• Maintaining a clean restaurant with excellent quality food and customer service
• Maintaining cleaning and sanitation standards within the restaurant
• Assisting with local store marketing opportunities
• Ensuring that employees are paid properly, receive appropriate benefits, and are prepared for additional career opportunities
• Acting as General Manager when General Manager is not present in restaurant
• A.A. in related field or an equivalent in education and experience
• B.A./B.S. preferred
• Ability to develop positive working relationships with all restaurant personnel
• Ability to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests and employees
• Ability to speak, read, and understand the primary language(s) of the work location
• Knowledge of and the ability to use a PC and Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to adapt and succeed in a fast paced environment
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service
• Ability to lead and develop people
• Experience in a supervisory role in the restaurant industry preferred
• Experience as Chipotle Service Manager preferred
Find ASSISTANT MANAGER Salary Information >>
Click Here to See Training Courses related to this Job >>
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc.
Website : http://www.chipotle.com