**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
Company Ref #
AJE Ref #
Job Start/End Date
Number of Positions
Required Degree/Formal Training
CAFETERIA WORKER - 20 hours Evenings/Weekends
MGH Main Campus - Boston
NFS Eat Street Cafe Workers
Eat Street Cafe
Evening (5p-9:30p weekdays and 4p - 8p weekends)
Under general supervision and following established and detailed procedures sets up food stations in retail food service operations. Prepares, assembles, serves and replenishes foods and beverage items for customers at the Chef s Stage station. Maintains adequate supplies of food and non-food items in the service area. Maintains positive customer relations and impeccable appearance standards at all times. Dismantles and cleans and sanitizes food service equipment, work stations, display units and prep areas according to established procedures.
Prior experience in a high volume, fast paced food service environment is preferred. Must possess excellent customer service skills, and be able to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally.
Under general supervision and following established and detailed procedures sets up area for service. Serves food and beverage items, rings them into computer cash register system and receives cash or credit. Cleans the work area throughout service and cleans beverage machines according to schedule.. Maintains adequate supplies of food and non-food items in the service area. Maintains positive customer relations and impeccable appearance standards at all times.
* Assists customers in obtaining food services in a courteous and helpful manner. Promotes food sales. Responds to changes in service and guides fellow employees to adjust with changes of menu and service. Recommends cost and revenue changes in menu items based on customer trends.
* Set up and break down area for coffee service. Obtain pots, utensils, food and non-food items to the serving area prior to, during and/or after coffee service.
* Prepares coffee, tea and assorted beverages and arranges equipment for beverage service. Cleans related equipment, e.g. cappuccino, smoothie and coffee machines, frozen yogurt machine, toaster, bakery cases, bagel racks, trucks, refrigerators, etc. after use utilizing the appropriate cleaning equipment and solutions.
* Serves food items, adhering to portion control and service standards to customers. Uses appropriate serving utensils such as knives, spoons, spatulas, tissue and wax paper.
* Maintains adequate supply of food items in the refrigerators, bakery cases and bagel racks. Maintains adequate supply of non-food items in cabinets and under counters. Alerts manager if running low on an item.
* Closely observes safety, proper food handling storage and food temperature control procedures following department standards.
* Cuts, and trays food items from Bake Shop, wraps for storage or disposes of leftover food items according to established procedure.
* Cleans all preparation areas prior to, during and after service by washing walls, counters, ceilings, doors, windows, signs, etc., by the use of harsh cleaning solutions and sponges, cleaning cloths and the like. Cleans all equipment and participates in special cleaning.
* Receives, replenishes and/or stores supply items such as coffee cases, paper goods cases, beverage case, etc., in appropriate location within the service or storage area.
* Follows department procedures as outlined in the cashier training manual.
* Will be asked to perform similar positions in Food Service areas, such as cashier in Riverside Caf , Plaza Caf or 149 Eat Street, catering attendant, and sandwich prep.
* Must be able to read, speak, write and understand English.
* Must be able to communicate with the public and have good customer relations skills.
* High school graduate or have the equivalent GED (or equivalent experience)
* Must be able to do basic mathematics, e.g. addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
* 1-3 years of experience in a food service setting preferred.
* Must possess exceptional customer service skills
* Understanding of Food Safety and Sanitation Procedures
* Must be able to bend, stoop, reach and lift weights averaging 10 lbs. May lift weights up to 30 lbs.
* Works in a institutional kitchen environment where there is varying levels of temperature and noise .
* May stands for 100% of the workday.
* Must be able to negotiate in a cramped workspace.
* Immerses hands in soap, rinse and sanitizing solutions.
Massachusetts General Hospital
Website : http://www.massgeneral.org/