Work at various **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.® restaurants to organize, prepare, package, deliver, set-up and, serve **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. food products and professionally represent **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. to the customer and general public. Conduct sales activities to businesses in the area. Sales activities would include, but are not limited to, telesales and visits with potential catering customers in local businesses and medical offices. This position reports to the General Manager with dotted line reporting to the Area Manager.
o Organize & plan daily catering orders.
o Produce food for catering orders. This requires assuring food is prepared as ordered. May require actual preparation of food items and interacting with crew member(s) to assure food is prepared timely and correctly.
o Ensure all orders are packaged and ready for delivery drivers.
o Transport & set up catering orders for clients in accordance with safe food handling practices as set forth in **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. operating standards and recipes.
o Conduct follow-up calls with all of the day’s catering customers to ensure satisfaction and to ask for the next order.
o Offer catering services to local business.
o Follow-up on leads generated by sales or marketing activities.
o Assisting in coordinating large catering events.
o Build professional relationships with clients during client contact.
o Serve at events as needed. May require standing for two or more hours at a time.
o Assist with Store operations as necessary or reasonably requested by store manager. May require preparing and /or serving food or performing other duties of a restaurant crew person.
Salary & Schedule
o This is a part time position requiring a commitment of 30-40 hours a week; $10- $12 per hour depending upon background, qualifications and experience.
o Must be available Monday through Friday, 8AM – 4PM
o Flexibility to work evening and weekend events is required. Hours worked are dependent upon when catered events are scheduled. At present 70-80% are lunch events. 20-30% are evening/weekend events.
- Valid Drivers License.
- Have and maintain a driving record commensurate with **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. standards.
- No more than 3 violations in a three-year period. See MVR Matrix for definitions of violations; and
- No violations for driving under the influence, driving while intoxicated, open container, chemical test failure, or possession of a controlled substance; and
- No violations of vehicular homicide, assault, or conviction of a crime involving a motor vehicle
- Maintain a professional Image & Appearance
- Great Communication skills
- Ability to lift 60 to 70 pounds to shoulder height
- Learn and adhere to proper food handling techniques as established in **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. SOP manual or otherwise established by **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
- Follow all company policies, procedures and practices set forth and all employee handbooks or operating manuals
- Ability to stand continuously for two hours or more
CATERING COORDINATOR DAILY PLAN
1. 8:30 am-10:30 am
A. Work out of assigned restaurant. View Boston eMarket for all today’s orders, confirm orders and drivers and provide directions map. Help coordinate drivers if needed.
B. Follow-up calls to doctor office accounts and corporate accounts you have set up. Set up a rotation schedule to check in with all doctor’s offices you have visited. Ensure all **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. catered events have gone well, see how you can be of assistance to the office with future lunches and ask for Rx rep referrals-during your initial visit, offices should have been asked to compile Rx cards for you-this is your follow up to see what they have for you.
C. Make calls from different current customer lists as directed.
D. If there are any large events in the area, go to that store and help with catering execution as needed.
2. 11:00 am–12:30 pm
A. Do catering deliveries as needed.
B. Do un-announced validation of other catering deliveries.
C. Visits to doctor’s offices, medical parks, clinics & hospitals for Rx rep cards.
D. Intercept Pharm Reps in the medical offices to discuss catering program and get Rx cards.
3. 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm
A. Sales canvassing to include, but not limited to: medical offices, corporate offices, churches, schools, car dealers, etc.
4. 3:30 pm –5:30 pm
1. Call each Rx rep card acquired today. Call only their voicemail.
2. Send a thank you card to anyone you met with today.
3. Keep a log of where you went, who you met, outcome of conversation. You will use this list to follow up with potential customers.
4. Input any orders you have obtained today – call into the ISD for assistance as needed.
1. Set-up next day’s catering orders utilizing the day before prep list.
Additional Responsibilities of Catering Specialist –
1. Ensure order records are organized.
2. Ensure production charts are completed for AM crew.
3. Ensure paper goods, drinks & desserts are ready for order the night before.