Restaurant Associate Overlook- 24hrs
Restaurant Associate Overlook- 24hrs','13112651','!*!Responsible for meal preparation, service and sales for all meals served in the assigned area. Provides individualized resident service as required to meet guest preferences, diets and/or regulatory requirements (as applicable). Is responsible for assigned food preparation, baking details and catering setup. Is responsible for safety and sanitation in assigned area. Accepts responsibility of the Cook’s function in their absence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following.
Other duties may be assigned
1. Maintains the Erickson Retirement Communities philosophy and “Vision” statement.
2. Provides friendly and efficient service to all residents and guests.
3. Works safely at all times and identifies and corrects safety deficiencies.
4. Shows flexibility and willingness to learn new areas of responsibility.
5. Maintains dependability and punctuality without deficiencies.
6. Is in appropriate uniform at all times.
7. Ensures proper food handling, preparation and holding guidelines, takes
temperatures at designated intervals, takes action to correct deficiencies. Maintains
foods in sufficient quantities while minimizing over-production and waste. Assists in
supplying all required products for breakfast, lunch, dinner and any catering or other
8. Attends premeal briefing and demonstrates knowledge of menu, therapeutic diets,
portioning and plating requirements (as appropriate).
9. As required Checks Resident Diet Sheets and Therapeutic Menu Spread Sheets.
Provides service following the appropriate method. Clears soiled dishes before
serving next course. Completes ‘table at a time’ service system.
10. Ensures the dining service areas are properly set-up and maintained throughout the
day. Maintains the dining areas in a clean, orderly and sanitary condition during and
11. Maintains food service line and dining service area sanitation and equipment
12. Ensures proper handling of Cafe cash register or Point-of-Sale system, including
resident charges, department charges, cash tendered, etc. (as assigned).
13. Ensures resident requests or complaints are handled in a timely manner. Notifies a
responsible Dining Services manager or Supervisor of a situation not in their ability
14. Uses proper food handling techniques at all times and frequent handwashing occurs
especially between handling soiled and clean dishes.
15. Completes assigned dish and ware washing, using proper procedures.
16. Communicates appropriately with all Dining Services staff, supervisor and listens
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to initiate and implement necessary plans to assure proper food service for breakfast, lunch, dinner and special Cafe or catering events. Ability to deal effectively with several projects, detail oriented, and maintains a friendly manner in dealing with residents and guests.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
One year experience in a kitchen environment required. High School Diploma or GED required, unless an active student.
Ability to communicate accurate information. Ability to communicate effectively and calmly to residents, visitors and to all levels of staff.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Walking, standing, bending, sitting, speaking, lifting 50lbs, pushing, stooping, stretching, thinking, evaluating, instructing, calculating, writing, learning new skills and information.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
','Restaurant Associate','United States-Maryland-Silver Spring','','Dining Rooms','Part-time','Oct 15, 2013','Restaurant Associate Overlook- 24hrs'
Location: USA-MD-Silver Spring