JOB TITLE: CULINARY CHEF
ROLE: STORE MANAGEMENT
SUPERVISOR: EXECUTIVE CHEF, STORE MANAGER
Enhance our customers’ shopping experience with the sharing of
culinary knowledge, providing home meal replacement, and
development of recipes at a good price to give our customers what
they want plus a little.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Oversee and train Deli personnel on product preparation and
• Ensure that staff adheres to all Food Safety, HACCP and Sanitation
• Engage customers at peak hours forming relationships, soliciting
feedback and ensuring customer satisfaction, to solidify
• Assist Executive Chef in tracking shrink on a daily basis.
• Become a member of the American Culinary Association and
participate in meetings and functions of the organization.
• Be responsible for setting up Silent Demos through the entire store and
• Assist Executive Chef in participating in Community events,
Fundraisers, Cook Offs and other Media events.
• Ensure all Kroger policies and procedures are followed on a regular
• Possess and continuously demonstrate strong organizational and
• Assist in job sharing with Deli functions when needed, while always
keeping the Customer First Strategy in mind.
High School Diploma AND Extensive Prior Culinary Experience
To be considered for positions,
associates must meet the minimum qualifications of the position, apply on-line via the Career Opportunities site and submit the completed Job Posting Acknowledgement Form (signed by the current Store Manager and District Manager )
Please see your Manager for a Job Posting Acknowledgement Form.
Some of the behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
Puts the Customer First
- Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect. Communicates Effectively and Candidly
- Communicates clearly and directly, is approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens. Achieves Results Through Teamwork –
Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals. Leads Through Positive Influence –
Demonstrates strong character, builds partnerships, models a conscious balance between work and personal life, takes personal responsibility for own development, role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust. Coaches and Develops Others
- Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback. Leads Change and Innovation -
Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work. Executes with Excellence -
Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals. Provides Clear and Strategic Direction
- Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
-Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety