Supervise, train and inspect the performance of Restaurant Staff, ensuring that all procedures are completed to the Hotel standards. Assist where necessary to ensure optimum service to guests.
1. Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
2. Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
3. Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
4. Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
5. Be familiar with all Hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
6. Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
7. Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
8. Maintain complete knowledge of:
a) All liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections available to Room Service.
b) The particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
c) Designated glassware and garnishes for drinks.
d) All menu items, preparation method/time, ingredients, sauces, portion sizes, garnishes, presentation and prices.
e) Daily menu specials, 86'd items.
f) Guest room layout, locations and room numbers/names.
g) Manual system procedures.
h) Daily housecount, arrivals/departures, VIPs.
i) Scheduled in-house group activities, locations and times.
9. Maintain complete knowledge and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
10. Check storage areas for proper supplies, organization and cleanliness. Complete requisition for additional supplies needed and submit to Manager. Instruct designated personnel to rectify any cleanliness/organization deficiencies.
11. Requisition linens/skirting required for business and assign staff to transport such to Room Service.
12. Meet with the Chef to review daily specials and 86'd items; update board throughout shift.
13. Ensure that assigned staff have reported to work; document any late or absent employees.
14. Coordinate breaks for assigned staff.
15. Assign work and side duties to staff in accordance with departmental procedures. Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift.
16. Conduct pre-shift meeting with staff and review all information pertinent to the day's business.
17. Inspect grooming and attire of staff; rectify any deficiencies.
18. Inspect, plan and ensure that all materials and equipment are in complete readiness for service; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
19. Constantly monitor staff performance in all phases of service and job functions, ensuring that all procedures are carried out to departmental standards; rectify any deficiencies with respective personnel.
20. Inspect table/set-ups; check for cleanliness, neatness and agreement with guest's order and departmental standards; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
21. Ensure that all orders are delivered within designated timelines.
22. Assist Room Service staff with their job functions to ensure optimum service to guests.
23. Answer Room Service phone within 3 rings, using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.
24. Monitor and ensure that all tables/trays are removed from guest rooms/corridors and returned to Room Service according to department procedures.
25. Assist in taking guests' orders, following specified procedures, as necessary to ensure department standards.
26. Access all functions of the P.O.S. system in accordance to specifications. Restock journal tape and change ribbons as needed.
27. Monitor and direct pick up of doorknob menus from guest rooms. Organize doorknob menus for proper delivery according to procedures. Ensure delivery times are met.
28. Organize, coordinate, direct staff in set-up, service and breakdown of hospitalities in accordance with departmental standards; follow up on special arrangements with respective personnel.
29. Check bar set-ups, buffet/reception tables and coffee breaks for cleanliness, attractiveness and layout; ensure agreement with function order and department standards; resolve any problems. Ensure replenishment of items as specified and requested by group contact.
30. Organize, coordinate, direct staff in set-up, delivery and retrieval of amenities in accordance with departmental standards.
31. Ensure all closing duties for staff are completed before staff sign out.
32. Provide feedback on staff performance to Manager. Report disciplinary problems to Manager and participate in the counseling of employees.
33. Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
34. Respond to all pages by beeper promptly.
35. Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to Engineering. Contact Engineering directly for urgent repairs.
36. Document pertinent information in department log book.
37. Complete all paperwork and closing duties in accordance with departmental standards.
38. Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with Manager and/or on-coming Supervisor.
Secondary Job Functions
1. Complete and direct scheduled inventories.
2. Prepare weekly forecast of revenues, covers and labor costs as assigned.
3. Prepare weekly schedule as assigned.
4. Prepare and submit daily/weekly payroll and tip distribution records as assigned.
5. Attend designated meetings, menu and wine tastings.
6. Interview Room Service applicants as scheduled by manager.
7. Stock supplies.
8. Relieve Order Taker/Cashier and follow all designated job functions as such.
9. Expedite on floor or in Kitchen as business demands.
10. Complete departmental filing.
Education & Experience:
1. Minimum 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
2. 2 years experience as Room Service Server.
3. Knowledge of various food service styles (i.e., French service, Russian service, Family Style service, Butler Style service).
4. Must have good understanding of the English language.
5. Good verbal and written communication skills.
6. Provide excellent customer service and maintain a professional demeanor.
7. Compute basic arithmetic.
8. Ability to:
• perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
• prioritize and organize.
• be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
• follow directions thoroughly.
• understand guest’s service needs.
• work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
• work with minimal supervision.
• maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
• ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training.
• direct performance of staff and follow up with corrections when needed.
1. High school graduate or equivalent vocational training certificate, some college.
2. Previous experience in Room Service.
3. Previous Supervisory experience.
4. Previous training in liquor, wine and food service.
5. Certification in CPR.
6. Ability to suggestively sell.
7. Previous guest/customer training.
8. Ability to input and access information in the property management system/computers/point of sales system.
9. Certification in an alcohol awareness program.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : http://www.crestlinehotels.com/