Company Description: The Business of Good Food At Chipotle, we aim to do a few things but do them exceptionally well. When Chipotle first opened its doors in 1993, the goal was simple: to serve high quality, delicious food quickly with an experience that not only exceeded, but redefined the fast food experience. To that end, we focus on sourcing the best possible ingredients, serving the tastiest food, and growing the most capable team we can. Good food IS good business. Job Description: At Chipotle, we are committed to creating a performance based culture that leads to the best restaurant experience possible for our employees and our customers. We also believe in developing our people and promoting from within; however, due to our growth we have a unique opportunity for this mid-management position. It is essential that anyone hired into this role will establish themselves as a top performer, develop people quickly, and within their first year move into the next leadership role of Team Leader. The Area Manager is highly motivated to build a team of top performers by training and developing General Managers; providing clear, consistent direction, and recognizing individual and team contributions. He/she oversees recruiting, training, management, budget compliance, and overall operations of approximately five (5) to nine (9) Chipotle restaurants to ensure excellent customer service, high quality foods, people development, food safety, store cleanliness, and maximum profitability. The Area Manager maintains communication, acts as a liaison with Chipotle leadership, and facilitates a focus on Chipotle’s culture and values: high performing teams, Food With Integrity, excellent customer service, and an inviting atmosphere in the restaurants.
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to: • Identifying General Managers with high potential and developing them into successful Restaurateurs (R, R2-R4) and Apprentice Team Leaders
• Achieving and maintaining “Operational Excellence” which includes a successful and well-developed crew and staff, pristine restaurants that serve excellent food, and strong financials
• Maintaining and driving high standards and expectations around food quality, customer service, food safety, and store cleanliness by empowering teams in every restaurant he/she is responsible for
• Having a clear understanding of and the ability to perform every job in the restaurant
• Being held accountable for all aspects of their restaurants’ performance and serving as ultimate decision-maker for their restaurants
• Engaging in clear, consistent communications with field leadership and restaurant staff on a frequent basis
• Demonstrating respect for individual employees and showing appreciation for their efforts and contributions
• Building an effective team of employees through, training and development; supplying meaningful
Chipotle Mexican Grill
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc.
Website : http://www.chipotle.com