Food Service Director - UAPB
Thompson Hospitality is seeking a dynamic individual to join the team as the Food Service Director at the University of Arkansas - Pine Bluff.
Thompson Hospitality Corporation is the nation's largest minority-owned food service company. Founded in 1992 by Warren M. Thompson, and headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Thompson Hospitality's success starts with total dedication to achieving excellence and ends with total customer satisfaction.
Either independently or through one of our strategic partnerships, Thompson Hospitality provides a full complement of hospitality services that satisfy the needs of customers in a variety of industries across the United States.
This position is responsible for overseeing the day to day foodservice operations at this college account. You will manage and lead a team of employees. You will be responsible for managing client relationships, along with ensuring that the food offered to the students is of superior quality. You will be responsible for the following:
- Maintaining excellent relationships with the client.
- Work with the Chef in creating menus.
- Train catering staff in service techniques, menu presentation and customer service.
- Track and monitor the labor and food cost for entire operation
- BS degree preferred.
- Three to five years of Higher Education food-service management experience preferred.
- Strong client relationship skills
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Catering experience is helpful