Marriott International offers you the opportunity to find the hospitality job and career journey that's right for you. With more than 1100 managed properties and 18 brands you'll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 74 countries across the globe. Find Your World™ at Marriott.
As part of the Global Operations Services (GOS) discipline, the Communications team is responsible for internal consultation and support related to communications strategies, services, and resources. The team partners with Global Operations Services clients to determine appropriate communications channels and tools to distribute messages both internally and externally.
The Senior Manager, GOS Communications is accountable for ensuring all GOS communications aligned with the overarching communications strategy. Implement appropriate communication tactics, channels and tools to ensure effective messaging for key stakeholders.
EXPECTED CONTRIBUTIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES:
Specific Senior Manager Responsibilities Include:
· Support business needs as a communication subject matter expert, including developing and implementing high quality, innovative, cost-effective communication products, programs and services.
· Partner with the Director, GOS Communications to define overall communications strategy.
· Manage design, development, and execution of overall communication programs for internal GOS communication efforts; ensuring communication/message development and execution are consistent in voice, processes, tools and services provided to customers.
· Identify methods to measure the effectiveness of communications, set targets, track results, and improve effectiveness.
· Develop communication best practices by leveraging internal resources, establishing relationships with external subject matter experts, and conducting research and focus groups, etc.
· Work collaboratively with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to ensure alignment and consistency with broader organizational communication efforts.
· Own communication standards, templates, and processes to develop and review/approve deliverables; own communication vehicles such as internal GOS quarterly meetings, annual GOS- sponsored conferences, as well as communication tools including UShare, web conferencing, webcasting, Marriott Global Source, Weekly Update, and surveys.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the communications, journalism or related professional.
2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the communications, journalism or related professional.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in communications, journalism or related field.
• 4 years of communications development experience.
• Consistently knowledgeable on latest communication and writing trends and best practices.
• Experience with graphic design and lay-out.
• Experience with social media networking tools and marketing.
• Demonstrated experience working with and influencing cross-functional teams in a matrix organization.
• Hospitality/Lodging industry experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing; listens to others and effectively comprehends information.
· Ability to review deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established standards.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint applications.
· Strong service orientation.
· Ability to manage multiple work activities concurrently with minimal supervision; applies past experiences to identify alternative solutions for current problems, able to understand and adjust to changing priorities, circumstances, direction, and personal styles.
· Good decision making skills – able to recognize and research a problem, and to identify its component parts, causes and cost impact.
· Able to build and maintain key internal customer and external client relationships by analyzing client needs through soliciting, evaluating and acting on client feedback.
· Ability to coordinate with other internal departments.
· Ability to integrate and balance priorities, work activities and resources for the benefit of multiple key stakeholders.
· Collaborative; team player
· Comfortable with complexity, ambiguity, and change
· Highly organized and able to handle multiple priorities at any given point in time
· Trustworthy with strong business integrity and ability to hold sensitive information in confidence
· Persistent; drives ideas
· Engages in fixing the problem
· Analytical; makes decisions using data
· Delivers results under difficult conditions
· Problem solver
· Effective listener
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Marriott International, Inc.
Website : http://www.marriott.com/
As Marriott International has grown to be a leading lodging company with more than 3,700 properties in 74 countries and territories worldwide, we remain grounded in a set of core values: put people first, pursue excellence, embrace change, act with integrity and serve our world. Our relentless focus on innovation and action fuel the way we do business. With the most powerful brand portfolio in the world, we set the bar for the hospitality industry.