The saucier is responsible for providing overall leadership, creative development and quality assurance of the banquet department’s sauce kitchen. This includes directing product conceptualization, recipe development, item costing, concept testing, and product consistency
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Provides visionary leadership and management of the saucier area from product creation through implementation.
Devise innovative product offerings of stocks, soups, sauces, relishes and condiments.
Formulates and implements procedural guidelines, policies and standards pertaining to the sauce kitchen.
Collaborates with Banquet Chef and internal and external partners in culinary research and development efforts.
Manages the overall creation of sauces, including the ordering of product, recipe development and management of the sauce coolers inventory and cleanliness.
Supports culinary team and outlets in sauce production as directed by banquet chef when needed
Monitors guest, partner and internal feedback and takes corrective action as required ensuring the highest level of guest satisfaction.
Responsible for cleanliness and sanitation of work areas.
Performs related duties as required.
Assist in overseeing the daily employee meal by mentoring and training the Culinary Cafeteria attendant.
Provides essential leadership to ensure functional food & beverage operations throughout the kitchen with a view of improving guest satisfaction, brand presence and effectiveness.
Facilitates the banquet prep lists when time allows.
Attend Food and Beverage specific meetings (beo) and provides detailed reports and updates to the Executive Chef and Banquet Chef
Directly responsible for the utilization of product ordered and maintaining a clean, organized workspace.
Act as a liason between the a.m and p.m shifts
High School diploma or equivalent, at a minimum.
Must have at least 2 to 3 years of progressive experience in high volume kitchens.
Prior sauce experience a plus
Must be able to handle basic office equipment and be computer proficient.
Must be able to speak, read and write English fluently.
Must have effective organization, guest relations, and oral and written communication skills.
· Certification of Culinary training or apprenticeship.
· Food handling certificate.
· Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal.
· Compute basic arithmetic.
· Provide legible communication.
· Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
· Prioritize and organize.
· Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
· Follow directions thoroughly.
· Understand guest’s service needs.
· Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
· Work with minimal supervision.
· Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent Hotel data.
· Comprehend and follow recipes.
· Expand/condense recipes.