Executive Meeting Manager
Job ID #
Executive Meeting Manager
IL - Chicago
Full Time Regular
C - HS Graduate or Equivalent
1 - 3 years
- Ensures that predetermined sales expectations are met or exceeded.
- Receive and respond to customer inquiries. Negotiate and capture all profitable business in accordance with selective selling guidelines.
- Prepare and send requested collateral materials, proposals and contracts to designated clients or guests.
- Coordinate all details such as Rooming Lists to include room type and, Banquet Event Order.Details to coordinate include meeting room set-up specifications, banquet food & beverage items, audio/visual equipment & billing details.
- On a regular basis, distribute final Rooming Lists and Banquet Event Orders to all applicable service staff, including the Banquet Service Staff, the Food Preparation Staff and the Rooms Division.
- Works with Conference Sales Managers, other Sales Managers, and Revenue Manager to assure maximum utilization of facility.
- Conducts on-site property tours.
- Assists with and completes special projects and assignments as designated by the DOSM and DOCC.
- Work closely with banquet department on operations and event execution.
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- At least 2 years previous sales experience required
- Must have experience at a similar size and quality hotel.
- Excellent communication, assertiveness skills, self-starter, & goal oriented and excellent pro-active solicitation efforts.
- Maintains a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Prompt and reliable, strong organizational and time management skills, ability to meet deadlines, self-motivated, ability to handle multiple tasks, public speaking skills, flexibility.
- Must have appropriate professional attitude and appearance.
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Opera Sales & Catering
- The candidate must be proactive and prospect new business, negotiates contracts, and closes the deal
- Knowledge of hotel features, benefits, and competing hotels within the market.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and make employment decisions without regard to age, race, religion, national origin, gender, disability, veteran status, or genetic information. Our locations are drug-free and pre-employment drug tests are required. Background checks are also required before employment begins. We participate in E-Verify and those who are ineligible to work in the United States will not be considered.
Website : http://www.carlson.com/
Carlson is one of the classic success stories in the American free-enterprise system. Starting in 1938 with an idea and a USD 55 loan, entrepreneur Curtis L. Carlson (1914 – 1999) founded the Gold Bond Stamp Company in his home town of Minneapolis, Minn. His company allowed grocery stores, drug stores, gas stations and other independent merchants to use his collectible “Gold Bond Stamps” to drive customer loyalty and to distinguish themselves from their competitors.