Assistant General Manager
FAZOLI’S RESTAURANTS, LLC. / FAZOLI’S JOINT VENTURE, LTD.
October 13, 2007
TITLE: Assistant General Manager
Assigned Company Restaurant
JOB SUMMARY AND SCOPE
Assists the General Manager in effectively directing, leading, controlling and evaluating an assigned Fazoli’s Restaurant in accordance with all established policies, procedures, standards, Company values, and applicable federal, state and local laws. Contributes to the continued growth and prosperity through consistent operational excellence. Performs his/her duties in assigned company restaurant(s) based on the needs of the Company. Assumes leadership of, and accountability for, restaurant operations and results in the absence of the General Manager, and or, when functioning as the Manager on Duty.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages his/her assigned restaurant to defined levels of excellence (CORE Excellence) in accordance with all established Company policies, procedures and standards (as outlined in the Operations Manual and Administrative Policies and Procedures Manual), Company values and applicable federal, state and local laws. Employs approved operational and administrative business processes, tools and systems to maximize sales and profit performance and deliver desired results. Utilizes appropriate resources as needed.
• Accurately assesses current restaurant operations against established standards and recommends, implements, and executes business strategies and tactics that maximize business results.
• Attracts, recruits, selects, trains, develops, motivates and retains the quality and quantity of human resources necessary to achieve desired business outcomes in accordance with the Company’s values and C.O.R.E. philosophy.
• Identifies and solidifies sales leads in support of Company catering objective. Assists the restaurant and area management teams in building sales through participation of, but not limited to scheduled catering and fundraiser events, etc.
• Communicates the Company’s mission, vision and values to restaurant Team and ensures all Team Members understand, accept, and successfully implement and execute all brand marketing, conceptual, procedural, administrative and/or product changes and updates. Documents situations and consults with the General Manager on a timely basis informing him/her of circumstances that are unusual or non-routine in nature.
• Maximizes restaurant profitability by maintaining, utilizing and enforcing effective management practices, policies, controls, tools and systems that enhance efficiency and
productivity, minimize waste and loss, and promote a safe, secure work environment for
Associates and Guests alike.
• Maintains the physical facility, grounds and equipment in accordance with Company standards through compliance with scheduled preventative maintenance and timely general upkeep and repairs. Makes recommendations to General Manager regarding necessary investments for equipment, tools and resources needed to exceed guest expectations and achieved desired results.
• Administers all aspects of the business with impeccable integrity. Ensures all employees are aware of, understand, share and practice the Company’s values and operating philosophies through role modeling and ongoing education. Enforces and complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing the employer-employee relationship, including but not limited to those pertaining to employment, harassment /discrimination, wage and hour, breaks, disabilities, termination of employment, worker’s compensation, unemployment compensation, etc.
• Conducts a variety of administrative duties that maximize the efficiency, productivity and
organization of the restaurant and team. Possesses moderate computer skills (can access, organize and review reports and spreadsheets) and is proficient with various software
programs, including Outlook and Menulink.
• Performs miscellaneous projects and duties as assigned.
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to an array of diverse internal and external clients. Ability to listen effectively, process information quickly and accurately, and transfer knowledge in a variety of settings, including one-on-one, small groups and meetings. Ability to get things done with and through other people.
• Ability to recruit, select, supervise, coach, develop, motivate and retain talented Associates. Ability to build an effective team across generational and multicultural lines. Ability to establish, maintain and enforce consistently high performance standards.
• Possesses working knowledge and understanding of general business and financial principles. Possesses mathematical aptitude and proficiency and is capable of applying knowledge to enhance business results.
• Ability to plan, prioritize, anticipate, analyze and implement multiple projects and tasks
simultaneously within budget and on schedule.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Calls upon experience and leadership skills to assess opportunities and risks, validate assumptions and take swift, appropriate actions.
• Ability to adapt to, and manage change. Demonstrates flexibility and mental agility when assessing and responding to various routine and non-routine situations. Ability to act
decisively with or without sufficient information.
• Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit, competitive nature and contagious enthusiasm that drive team performance to achieve desired results.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature, type and level of work being performed by the Employee(s) functioning in this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified nor should they be construed as limiting the Company’s right to modify the duties of the job.
High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
• Experience and Training:
• External Candidates
: 12 months restaurant management experience. Meets or exceeds minimum standards (C) on Fazoli’s Management New Hire Risk Assessment. Completion of management Phase I and II and Home Restaurant Orientation. Completion of Assistant General Manager certification checklist. Completion of AGMSU modules 1 year post-hire.
• Internal Candidates:
6 months of experience as a successful Fazoli’s Assistant Manager, completion of AMSU and AGMSU Training Workbooks. Completion of GM POWR School. Successfully pass AGM Review Board. Completion of Assistant General Manager certification checklist.
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
• Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
• Must successfully clear routine and periodic background and reference checking processes.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to provide proof of
automobile insurance upon request.
• Must be available to work all hours of restaurant operations.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work is typically performed in a restaurant environment, with moderate noise. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, bend, and talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The hazards are only those present in a normal restaurant setting or while traveling by car.
Location: USA-IL-Mount Vernon