One of the many reasons why Chipotle is unlike other fast food companies is the fact that nearly all of the leaders are promoted from our crew.
Many restaurant companies hire professional managers to run their restaurants and almost never look to their crews for new leaders. But last year at Chipotle, 97% of our general managers were promoted from our crews and because our company is growing, there's plenty of opportunity.
Countless people who came simply looking for a job now find themselves leading dozens, or even thousands of people while enjoying a career that is totally fulfilling, fun, and financially rewarding beyond anything they thought possible. It's pretty simple: If you work hard, you'll get noticed and before you know it, you'll be on a roll.
Building the perfect burrito - and having fun doing it - is the first step to building your career at Chipotle. Sharpen your customer-service and teamwork skills, learn to make great food and get ready to grow.
Our Crew members take pride in preparing and serving Chipotle’s delicious food. They know that in order to do this right, they need a clean and organized work area. By consistently following the proper recipes and procedures, and adhering to Chipotle’s high standards regarding food preparation, cleaning and sanitation, teamwork and customer service, they help to ensure that the Chipotle customer experience is always the best it can be. Crew members get to learn about and work at a variety of stations: Tortilla, Salsa, Prep, Grill, Expo, and Faxpeditor. In each area they’re greeting and interacting with Chipotle’s customers directly, making their meals, while portioning out the ingredients to our standards. Crew members’ responsibilities require them to be on their feet working while clocked in, unless on break. If they are not busy, they are expected to take on tasks they see that need to get done, and pitch in to help their teammates.
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Completing hot and cold food preparation assignment accurately, neatly, and in a timely fashion
• Following recipes accurately and maintaining food preparation processes such as marinating, seasoning, and grilling meats; chopping herbs; dicing, cutting, and slicing vegetables
• Preparing food throughout the day as needed, anticipating and reacting to customer volume
• Maintaining appropriate portion control and consistently monitoring food levels on the line
• Maintaining proper food handling, safety, and sanitation standards while preparing food
• Providing a friendly, quality customer experience to each Chipotle customer
• Working toward understanding and articulating Food With Integrity
• Consistently and accurately using prep sheets, Road Maps, cleanliness list, and station checklists
• Following Chipotle sanitation standards including washing cookware and utensils throughout the day
• Cleaning equipment, as assigned, thoroughly and in a timely fashion according to Chipotle sanitation guideline
The ideal candidate will
• Have the ability to develop positive working relationships with all restaurant personnel and work as part of a team by helping others as needed or requested
• Have the ability to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests and other employees
• Have the ability to maintain a professional appearance at all times and display a positive and enthusiastic approach to all assignments
• Be able to exhibit a cheerful and helpful attitude, and provide exceptional customer service
• Be able to adapt to changing customer volume levels with a sense of urgency
• Have the ability to demonstrate a complete understanding of the menu
• Be able to follow instructions for recipes and sanitation guidelines
• Have the ability to be cross-trained in all areas of the kitchen and line
• Have the ability to communicate in the primary language(s) of the work location
• Have a high school diploma
Find Restaurant Team Member - Crew Salary Information >>
Click Here to See Training Courses related to this Job >>
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc.
Website : http://www.chipotle.com