Interested in joining the Rib Crib team?
This is your 'Cue. At Rib Crib, we hire the only the best.
It all started in Tulsa, Oklahoma. In 1992, the first Rib Crib restaurant opened in an eighty-year-old house. Seeing as how our first location wasn’t even air-conditioned, it’s clearly been about the food all along: amazing sauces, original rubs and mouthwatering smoked meats. Well over a decade and many franchises later, it’s still about the food. But today’s Rib Crib is about first-rate facilities too: relaxed, inviting, and uniquely atmospheric.
There aren’t many companies anymore where you can start at the bottom as a cook and, with the right kind of initiative, end up as a corporate executive. I know this whole scenario may seem completely unbelievable to some people, but that’s exactly how it happened to me!
- Phillip S., Sr. Regional Manager
Cook Job Description
Reports to: General Manager
Job Grade: FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
General Summary: Assists Kitchen Manager in preparing food by performing the
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the efficient flow of food in the kitchen while maintaining levels
of food safety and sanitation to Rib Crib standards.
2. Washes, peels, cuts and prepares vegetables and side items.
3. Cleans, cuts, prepares and smokes meats and poultry.
4. Knows how to correctly measure food weights and portion sizes.
5. Carries pans, containers, and trays of food to and from work stations, smokers and
6. Cleans work areas, equipment, and utensils, segregates and removes garbage at
shift change or when necessary, and steam cleans or hoses garbage containers.
7. Knowledgeable in the use of cleaning products and how to use them safely
according to instructions.
8. Observes safety procedures with regards to the use of kitchen supplies and
equipment both correctly and safely throughout the shift.
9. Demonstrates a willingness to assume any responsibility or perform any task
(“shift to assist”) regardless of nature to demonstrate that teamwork is part of
the operating culture. All other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Capable of reading kitchen prep books and manuals as required to prepare food
2. Ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
3. Proficient use of restaurant equipment including but not limited to such things as
convection ovens, grills, fryers, smokers, steam tables, microwaves, etc.
Education & Experience: Six months previous job-related experience as determined by
Certifications/Licenses: Food Handler’s Permit where applicable.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
• Position requires the employee to perform most of the work from a standing
position for long periods of time frequently walking, pushing, pulling, lifting,
cutting, carrying, kneeling, or stooping.
• Work may occasionally involve periods of lifting up to 30 pounds with occasional
lifting not to exceed 80 pounds.
Position is in a climate-controlled establishment. Employees may be exposed to long
periods of temperature extremes of heat or cold in conjunction with internal conditions as
warranted to prep, cook and store food.
Location: USA-OK-Oklahoma City