Title: UAA Barista
The Barista/Food Service Worker position operates various types of specialty beverage or coffee outlet facilities or services, in addition to doing a variety of cleaning, maintenance, food preparation, stocking, cash handling and serving duties. Full time, part time, on call and seasonal work may be available.
* Assists customers as with general information, inquires, order selection and recommendations, etc.
* Brews a wide variety of specialty coffees, tea, chocolate, using coffee urns or makers, teapots, drink mixers, etc. Answers customer's questions concerning available products.
* Properly, safely, and efficiently prepares various food products following and observing standard food handling procedures. Obtains products requested by customers.
* May prepare and issue iced beverages, such as fountain or bottled drinks, etc. May make sandwiches, hot dogs, tea, etc.
* Serves, wraps, or bags customer products.
* Operates cash register to record price, compile printed list, and display costs.
* Totals price (or tax), accepts payment, and makes change on products to be purchased by customer.
* May calculate any applicable sales discount to determine price. May keep record of sales, prepare inventory of stock, or order merchandise.
* Removes and records amount of cash in register at end of shift.
* Follows corporate and/or unit cash handling policies and procedures.
* Maintains a variety of products at certain levels in preparation, serving, or storage areas including service machines.
* May stock beverage machine(s) and keeps them clean and routinely maintained.
* Checks area periodically to make sure all is continually stocked and everything is full/working.
* Stock shelves, counters, or tables with food or concession stand items
* Stocks storage areas with various products.
* Observes any problems with the quality or quantity of food being served and takes appropriate steps to resolve issues.
* Prepares special lists and their prices.
* Continually wipes and cleans dining room and other associated areas.
* Cleans shelves, counters, or tables. Cleans and polishes utensils and equipment used in food and beverage preparation.
* Cleans dishes, utensils, pots, pans etc. and places in assigned storage areas in a an organized and orderly manner.
* Cleans, sweeps, wipes down, etc. all general dining, kitchen, or storage areas (in some cases), spike rooms, and equipment as well as all floors.
* Removes garbage from assigned areas, sets up or breaks down tables, snack bars, display cases, serving lines, etc.
* Assists with various periodically scheduled large cleaning projects.
* Other related duties may also be assigned.
Applicants with current Alaska food workers card and, if not in hand when applying, must be completed within 30 days.
Applicants with current Servsafe certificate and TAMS card.
This Position Requires:
* Observes extensive grooming, customer service, and uniform/dress standards.
* English language skill sufficient to: 1. Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. 2. Communicate effectively orally with supervisors, coworkers, clients and/or customers. 3. Read a limited number of 2 to 3 syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words or a series of numbers.
* Math Skills: Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, or volume. Reasoning Abilities: Apply common sense understanding to carry out simple 1 to 2 step instructions.
* Some recent positive training and/or experience that included professional food handling or food preparation responsibilities. Such background or experience must have demonstrated a familiarity with and/or commitment to working in the food service area.
* The ability to work effectively with a minimum of supervision.
* An ability to quickly learn about the products being sold, site features and NMS's customer service expectations/standards.
* Cash register operation experience is required
* Dedication to understanding and exceeding customer expectations/needs.
* Recognition that service is a demonstrated attitude and a state of mind, not a task or step.
Employees are regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to fingers, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, and hear. Must be able to operate a cash register and make change. They may regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold non weather and to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Must have the physical stamina to stand, wash hundreds of items at a time, and to work on 8 to 12 hour shifts for extended periods of time.
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Nonexempt/Hourly:
The above is not intended to list all possible essential functions or requirements as they are subject to change, The employer reserves the right to revise or change this description. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. All employees are expected to work varying hours of compensated overtime to accomplish various duties. All employees are expected to work rotating hours, shifts, or in different departments to accommodate the business demands. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the above essential duties and meet the physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to meet these conditions.
EOE M/F/D/V & NANA Shareholder Preference
NANA Development Corporation
Website : http://nana-dev.com
Founded in 1974, NANA Development Corporation is the business arm of NANA Regional Corporation, Inc. All of NANA's business operations are owned by NANA Development Corporation. Like the traditional Iñupiat Hunter, NANA Development Corporation seeks ways to use our land and 10,000 years of doing business to provide service to the benefit of our clients, our shareholders, and the communities in which we live.