Prepare cold food (salads, sandwiches, desserts, etc.) into finished product for customers' consumption according to Food Division and Health Department standards.
- Follow production lists.
- Prepare raw ingredients into finished product, per specifications.
- Put away stock and maintain stock area.
- Maintain work area and equipment in accordance with sanitation guidelines and Health Department standards.
- Ensure quality and visual presentation of food produced.
- Maintain personal hygiene and uniform to Food Division standards.
- Maintain work area for safety.
- Assist other associates to ensure all kitchen duties are completed within given time constraints.
- Assist in order preparation.
- Suggest new food items.
- Assist with special events.
- Assist in serving customers in high volume periods.
- Ability to follow direction
- Ability to follow a recipe
- Ability to work with standard kitchen equipment in efficient and safe manner
- Ability to work safely in fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Vocational training and/or previous food experience preferred
Macy's is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Find Macy's Downtown Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA: Prep Cook, Flex Tea Salary Information >>
Click Here to See Training Courses related to this Job >>
Website : http://www1.macys.com
Macy’s is capturing the spirit of America as it pursues an exciting new course for the future. Federated has launched Macy’s as a truly nationwide department store. By reflecting and enabling uniquely American lifestyles … by providing fashion and delivering affordable luxury … by putting the customer first, Macy’s is distinguishing itself as something very special on the American landscape. Federated drove significant progress in each of the four strategic priorities that guide business decisions related to Macy’s. The four priorities – Assortments, Price Simplification, Improving the Shopping Experience and Marketing – have helped sharpen our discipline and creativity, while providing Macy’s a well-defined roadmap for continuous improvement in the most crucial aspects of daily operations.