Prepare cold food (salads, sandwiches, desserts, etc.) into finished product for customers' consumption according to Food Division and Health Department standards.
- Follow production lists.
- Prepare raw ingredients into finished product, per specifications.
- Put away stock and maintain stock area.
- Maintain work area and equipment in accordance with sanitation guidelines and Health Department standards.
- Ensure quality and visual presentation of food produced.
- Maintain personal hygiene and uniform to Food Division standards.
- Maintain work area for safety.
- Assist other associates to ensure all kitchen duties are completed within given time constraints.
- Assist in order preparation.
- Suggest new food items.
- Assist with special events.
- Assist in serving customers in high volume periods.
- Ability to follow direction
- Ability to follow a recipe
- Ability to work with standard kitchen equipment in efficient and safe manner
- Ability to work safely in fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Vocational training and/or previous food experience preferred
Macy's is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Find Macy's Downtown Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA: Prep Cook, Flex Tea Salary Information >>
Click Here to See Training Courses related to this Job >>