FAZOLI’S RESTAURANTS, LLC. / FAZOLI’S JOINT VENTURE, LTD.
October 13, 2007
TITLE: Associate Manager
Assigned Company Restaurant
General Manager JOB SUMMARY AND SCOPE
Supervises, directs and controls assigned shifts in accordance with established policies, procedures, standards, Company values and all applicable federal, state and local laws. In the absence of a salaried manager, serves as Manager-on-Duty and ensures standards of excellence relative to Guest service, product quality, sanitation and cleanliness are maintained at all times. Participates in discussions and decisions affecting assigned restaurant(s) and supports the goals, plans and priorities of the General Manager.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manages his/her assigned shifts to defined levels of excellence in accordance with all established Company policies, procedures and standards (as outlined in the Operations Manual & Administrative Policies and Procedures Manual), Company values and applicable federal, state and local laws. Able to accept, process, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously. •
Employs approved operational and administrative business processes, tools and systems to maximize sales and profit performance and deliver desired top and bottom-line results.
• Documents, reports and consults with the General Manager on a timely basis regarding situations or circumstances of an unusual, non-routine and/or serious nature for follow-up and resolution. •
Routinely evaluates all aspects of his/her business throughout each shift; uses sound judgment and makes appropriate decisions to ensure standards of operational excellence and Guest service are maintained at all times. •
Maximizes restaurant profitability by utilizing and enforcing effective management practices, policies, controls, tools and systems that enhance efficiency and productivity, minimize waste and loss, and promote a safe, secure work environment for Associates and Guests alike.
• Assists the salaried management team in maintaining the physical facility, grounds and equipment in accordance with Company standards through implementation of scheduled preventative maintenance and timely general upkeep and repairs.
• Assists the management team in building sales through participation of, but not limited to scheduled catering and fundraiser events, etc.
• Administers all aspects of the business with impeccable integrity. Supervises staff and provides effective leadership throughout his/her assigned shifts. Observes and enforces all Company standards of conduct and performance, policies, procedures and applicable federal, state and local laws. •
Conducts a variety of administrative duties as assigned, including restaurant opening, restaurant closing, cash handling, etc. Possesses basic computer skills (can access, retrieve and read reports and spreadsheets) and is proficient with various software programs, including Outlook and Menulink. •
Performs miscellaneous projects and duties as assigned. RECOMMENDED MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to an array of diverse internal and external clients. Ability to listen effectively, process information quickly and accurately, and transfer knowledge in a variety of settings, including one-on-one, small groups and meetings. Ability to get things done with and through other people. •
Ability to supervise, coach, develop, lead and motivate Associates. Ability to manage a team and establish, maintain and enforce consistently high performance standards. •
Possesses basic knowledge and understanding of general business and financial principles, including but not limited to sales, profit and loss, food cost, labor cost, budgeting, controllable profit, drop-through, etc. Ability to apply financial principles on each shift in order to maximize sales and profit performance. •
Ability to anticipate issues and opportunities and plan, prioritize, and organize multiple tasks simultaneously within budget and on schedule. •
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Calls upon experience and leadership skills to assess opportunities and risks, validate assumptions and take swift, appropriate actions. •
Ability to adapt to change. Demonstrates flexibility and mental agility when assessing and responding to various routine and non-routine situations. Ability to act decisively with or without sufficient information or facts. •
Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit, competitive nature and contagious enthusiasm that drives team performance to achieve desired results. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature, type and level of work being
performed by the Employee(s) functioning in this job. They are not intended to be construed as
an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified nor
should they be construed as limiting the Company’s right to modify the duties of the job.
Education: High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent. •
Experience and Training: •
External Candidates: 6 months restaurant management experience. Completion of management Phases I and II or BRAVO! Training Program and AMSU Training program. Completion of Associate Manager certification checklist.
• Internal Candidates: 6 months experience as a successful Fazoli’s Shift Leader (Meets Expectations or 2 performance rating on most recent performance evaluation), and completion of BRAVO! Training Program. Completion of AMSU and all Associate Manager pre-certification training and certification checklist. •
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
• Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
• Must successfully clear routine and periodic background and reference checking processes.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to provide proof of automobile insurance upon request. WORK CONDITIONS
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work is typically performed in a restaurant environment, with moderate noise. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, bend, and talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The hazards are only those present in a normal restaurant setting or while traveling by car.