Assistant Director, Housekeeping - InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco
InterContinental Hotels & Resorts
Who we are
InterContinental Hotels & Resorts believes that superior, understated service and outstanding facilities are important, but what makes us truly different is the genuine interest we show in our guests. At InterContinental, it is every team memberâ€™s desire to help guests make the most of their time. Every day, we connect our well-travelled guests to whatâ€™s special about a destination, by sharing our knowledge so they enjoy authentic experiences that will enrich their lives and broaden their outlook.
We promise you Room to be yourself
We want to attract and retain the best people, engage our employees, recognize their effort and give everyone at IGH room to individually make a difference. Our commitment to our employees is Room to be yourself, encouraging you to bring your unique talents and the same enthusiasm to work as you do to your hobbies. Our actions are guided by our values - our Winning Ways - which describe our personality as a company, how we treat our guests and how we treat each other. It's these values that set us apart as a business and help to achieve our goal of creating Great Hotels Guests Love.
Schedule: Varies. Requires evening and weekend work.
Pay: Weekly. DOE.
Experience required: Minimum two (2) years experience in a Housekeeping Management role. Applicants with prior customer service experience in an upscale envrionment (hotel, retail, restaurant, etc.) will be given priority consideration.
Other requirements: Employment history verification; criminal background investigation; urinary drug screening; U.S. employment authorization.
Do you see yourself as a Assistant Director, Housekeeping?
What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, the InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city's finest hotels. Situated at the crest of illustrious Nob Hill, and at the crossing of three cable car lines, this venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial and Theater Districts. Fisherman's Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are just short drives away.
This challenging position supports the Director, Housekeeping in managing the housekeeping and laundry operation to ensure product quality standards are met and that optimum service is provided to hotel guests. The individual will also serve as Director of Housekeeping in his/her absence.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
* Assist in managing the day-to-day activities of the housekeeping department, which includes scheduling employees to ensure proper coverage.
* Ensure all staff are properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their respective job duties.
* Schedule routine inspections of all guest rooms/suites and public areas to ensure everything is clean and in good repair.
* Conduct pre-shift meetings and review all information pertinent to the day's activities.
* Assist in controlling expenses and minimizing waste in all areas of housekeeping.
* Participate as needed in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans which support the overall objectives of the hotel.
* Assist in maintaining par levels for supplies and equipment.
* Replenish shortages and other business supplies for daily business.
* You may assist with deep cleaning projects and/or assist housekeeping staff during unanticipated rush periods.
* May serve as manager on duty as required.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to: high school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred; at least two (2) years of experience in a Housekeeping Management role is required, preferably in a hotel of similar size and complexity.
Candidates must possess above-average oral and written English communication skills; ability to speak other languages preferred.
Other Information -
You will be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays on a regular basis.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
* carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
* pushing and/or pulling approximately 200 pounds
* frequently standing up and moving about the facility
* frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
* frequently bending, stooping and kneeling.
We give you Room to be yourself. In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401(k) plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V