Director of Media
Purpose of the position –Responsible for the management of **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.’s media business throughout the planning, negotiation, buying and implementation process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop innovative media strategies that deliver on brand objectives and maintain awareness and relevance of **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
• Direct the development and implementation of national, regional and local traditional media campaigns that will include most or all of the following;
o National and local broadcast network television in traditional and potentially direct response formats
o Local radio
o Local newspaper and magazine display
o Couponing via FSI, shared and direct mail alternatives
o Local events ideation and implementation, i.e., local guerilla marketing, sponsorships
• Define and develop optimal media buys, monitoring, post-promotional reporting and other post-buy analyses
• Supervise agencies in adherence to buy specifications and placement guidelines
• Advise on all media matters and is responsible for the total management of **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.’s media business throughout the negotiation, buying, planning and implementation process
• Manage ongoing monitoring of media campaigns, delivering periodic campaign performance updates and reporting results to the leadership team
• Ensure media recommendations and decisions are consistent with the objectives and strategies of the business
• Oversee and manages the media and marketing monthly budgets
• Oversee all media contract negotiations
• Oversee negotiation of programs/opportunities to ensure maximum leverage is applied
• Direct the creation and deployment of all paid digital media campaigns to ensure consistent and relevant messaging
• Input into creative development to ensure maximum effectiveness of the advertising and optimization of the medium
• Monitor current events, media trends and target market industry trends to maintain relevance and effectiveness
• Monitor/track performance of digital and online media programs
• Work with agency partners on the implementation and analysis of online campaigns.
• 7+ years’ media planning and buying experience
• 7+ years’ experience with marketing to a consumer target; experience in retail, restaurant, and/or consumer products, is strongly preferred
• 3+ years’ experience with digital media and creative
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or equivalent field preferred
• Proven ability to conceive and develop quality, well-conceived and successful media plans that deliver ROI and achieve and/or exceed client goals
• Knowledge of production processes for digital marketing
• Knowledge and understanding of multiple media channels and their role in brand marketing
• Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills with ability to prioritize multiple/competing projects and assignments.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to assimilate disparate pieces of data into a cohesive recommendation
• Strong written, editing, proofreading and oral communication skills; attention to detail with an ability to meet tight timelines while maintaining a positive attitude
• Intermediate skills in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Chief Brand Officer, Senior Director of Marketing
• Typical office environment and travel to markets as needed
Disclaimer – The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. reserves the right at its sole discretion to amend its policies, programs and/or guidelines, including the contents of this job description, at any time without prior notice.