To serve the customer by creating encore experiences to ensure complete satisfaction through quick, friendly, and superior service.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives direction from the stores management team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Essential duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Extend a warm and friendly greeting to all customers
2. Explaining menu and answering product questions as raised by customers.
3. Taking customers’ orders accurately
4. Relaying the order to the kitchen staff
5. Accepting payment from customers and making change correctly
6. Operating the cash register and being responsible for cash receipts
7. Presenting orders to customers, properly packaged and with all necessary
accompaniments and utensils
8. Thanking each customer for their business
9. Generating additional sales whenever possible by suggesting additional menu items
to the customer
10. Counting the change bank in their register at the beginning of the shift
11. Stocking adequate supplies of paper goods, condiments, beverages, etc. for serving
12. Prepping drinks and assisting in kitchen prep of items such as sauces, salads,
13. Cleaning all customer areas
14. Presenting to management when any front-of-house equipment needs service or
inventory is needed
15. Prepping food as needed
16. Removing trash from waste receptacles and placing at back of restaurant.
Varies according to shift.
Non-exempt from overtime.
Refer to state regulations.
DOCUMENTATION OF HOURS WORKED
Use of the POS system and print-out when arriving to work and leaving work.
1. Experience at working with the public, handling money and a cash register
2. Outgoing personality
3. Good communications skills (articulate and uses good grammar)
4. A good listener
5. Basic math skills in order to handle money
6. A team player
7. Marketing skills
8. Natural ability to smile
9. Pleasant voice
10. Good telephone skills
11. Anxious to please
12. Good judgment abilities.
NONESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include the following:
- Walking, standing or sitting for extended periods of time
- Lifting a minimum of 50 lbs over head.
2. Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception needed for:
- Making observations
- Communicating with others
- Reading and writing
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING GUIDELINES
Education: Must have the ability to read and write
Experience: Minimum 1 yr. experience within the quick-service restaurant industry preferred
Restaurant environment; hazardous conditions
Essential functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for standing,walking or sitting for prolonged periods of time
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.