Salary not Determined
Process Steward Production Execution-MAT000213
Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Vaccine Manufacturing facility in Durham NC, is currently seeking a Production Execution (PE) Process Steward in the Planning and SAP organization. The Production Execution Process Steward is responsible for the creation and design of standardized processes related to production execution and the deployment of those standardized process at the site.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Design, implementation, sustainment and performance of standard business processes in all production execution functions.
- Gather, analyze and report process performance metrics to ensure continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with other site process stewards and regional/global stewards as member of the site EPM team
- Develop and maintain SOPs, process documentation, training, change management and delivery of end user training.
- Represent and support Production Execution internal and external audits.
- Assume accountability for process performance - implement metrics based on process components, define targets and identify and overcome obstacles.
- Engage vertically and horizontally to ensure integrated end to end processes across all value chains
- Autonomy to make complex decisions and judgment to elevate decisions to regional/global stewards.
- Perform other activities and projects as directed by the site Process Owner
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science or Business related field required
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in GMP Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing or related business operations
- Experience using problem solving skills to resolve complex issues
- Strong knowledge of SAP processes and design
- Experience balancing workload, prioritizing multiple high priority activities, managing complexity and ambiguity, and delivering results
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification
- Manufacturing Execution System (MES) knowledge and linkage to SAP and process automation (Delta V)
- Demonstrated ability to navigate and collaborate across organizational boundaries
- Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Merck’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Open to U.S. Residents & Citizens only.
Search Firm Representatives
Please Read Carefully:
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes ted by search firms to any employee at Merck via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Former Military, Transitioning Service Members, National Guard & Reserves - We value your past and present service.
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):