Manages, plans, and coordinates the activities of the facility maintenance and housekeeping department to ensure optimum service level maintenance.
• Oversees repairs and upkeep of all areas of the facility including building, grounds, rolling stock, conveyors, systems, and storage structures / devices.
• Oversees overall cleanliness of facility.
• Serves as a key interface with operations management and corporate engineering to identify and resolve operational problems.
• Minimizes downtime by managing the prioritization and scheduling of work orders as well as preventive, reactive, and predictive maintenance.
• Plays active roll in interviewing, hiring, and training Highly skilled, Skilled and General maintenance associates.
• Assists operations and corporate engineering with planning capital expenditures, bidding, recommending and negotiating contracts.
• Maintains a safe work environment by observing & enforcing OSHA, Food Safety, & HAZMAT requirements.
• Arranges for contractor services for various operational needs if unable to perform in-house due to staffing issues or lack of technical expertise.
• Monitors and maintains expense spending to insure maximum value is obtained when purchasing supplies and repair parts.
• Maintains appropriate stock levels required to insure quick repair times.
• Ensures quick response to downtime situations affecting production.
• Maintains sufficient parts inventory to insure minimal delays on repairs.
• Arranges for third party services for specialized repairs and to insure needs are met for operations.
• Insures equipment that is unsafe to use is taken out of service until repairs can be made.
• Monitors level of service with work orders and ensures work completed as required to meet the needs of the operation.
• Monitors repair cost vs. replacement cost to ensure cost efficient operation.
• Oversees building & grounds maintenance including: landscaping, lawn maintenance, & snow removal; employee and truck parking lot maintenance; HVAC, electrical, & plumbing; lighting- inside/outside; dock doors, dock plates, trailer restraints & switch lights; roofing; fire protection systems.
• Maintains overall cleanliness of building and manages custodial associates.
• Ensures building is operational regarding climate control and OSHA standards.
• Manages facility’s waste disposal program and ensures compliance to HAZMAT and/or other appropriate regulations.
• Ability to physically access all areas of working environment that he/she is responsible for to observe operations, observe associates, instruct in methods of operation, and assess needs.
• Reviews, recommends, and implements additions, modifications, and improvements.
• Establishes sound process improvement initiatives that drive year over year improvement.
• Conducts daily walkthrough inspections.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Strong knowledge of preventative maintenance practies and procedures including best safety practices.
Knowledge of and skilled in blue print reading.
Strong knowledge of and skill in personal computers and engineer related programs.
Bachelors degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred.
HS Diploma or equivalent required.
Analytical ability necessary to gather and interpret data, and develop, recommend, implement solutions.
Strong management leadership, communication, organization and administrative skills.
5 - 10 Years Experience
Preferred Minimum Education
Bachelors Level Degree
On Occasion (Less than 5%)