This position is responsible for preparing and cooking food items in accordance with CSM/brand high quality standards to ensure guest satisfaction, including adherence to health regulations.
CSM’s CORE VALUES
• Continuous Improvement
• Customer focus
• Decision quality
• Handles pressure well
• Self/workload management
• Conflict management
• Problem solving
• Attention to detail
• Priority Setting
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Preparation Work: Anticipates, plans for, and completes all prep work for the entire day based on hotel occupancy levels. Responsible for adhering to cost controls to reduce expenses and waste with food items.
2. Cooking Duties: Ensures proper specifications are followed for cooking per the menu, recipes, and proper production/plate set-up. Responsible for proper use of all equipment and supplies. Expedites food items as necessary to ensure timely service.
3. Internal/External Service: Greets all internal or external customers in a courteous and friendly manner. Responds to guest needs and provides the highest level of quality service. Assists other associates as needed to meet guest’s needs.
4. Cleaning: Responsible for cleaning/sanitizing the kitchen regularly throughout shift and at the end of every shift. Assists dishwashers or bussers as needed.
5. Paperwork: Completes all required paperwork accurately and in a timely manner including cooler and heating temperature logs, food safety logs, and other paperwork as required per health code requirements. Assists with inventory and completing inventory par sheets per requirements.
6. Works Safely: Maintains a clean and safe work area, and handles all beverage/food in compliance with CSM, brand, local, state and federal regulations. Assist in maintaining sanitation and cleanliness of the Bistro, kitchen, and dish room. Follow all CSM/brand procedures for guest/associate incidents. Knowledgeable of hotel emergency procedures.
7. Self Management: Produces required volume of work by planning, organizing and prioritizing work duties. Adheres to CSM/brand grooming and appearance standards, general work rules, and department procedures. Attends all required department and hotel meetings and adheres to CSM attendance policy.
8. Miscellaneous/Other Duties: Completes all assigned tasks within or outside the normal scope of the position or department. Takes initiative to jump in wherever necessary, works as a team player, and actively contributes to the success of the food and beverage department.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: High school diploma/GED or equivalent experience required. ServSafe training and certification, or the ability to obtain local certifications as required by law.
Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must have one or more years of previous cook experience. Must have demonstrated exemplary customer service, attention to detail, and ability to perform job duties in a repetitious and fast paced environment. Must have the ability to speak, understand, and write English in order to meet guest’s needs.
Physical: Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds on a regular basis throughout shift. Requires ability to complete physically demanding responsibilities such as walking, standing, carrying, and lifting continuously throughout the shift.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Prefer two or more years of previous cook experience in a fast-paced restaurant environment.
Send This Job to a Friend
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. • 500 Washington Avenue South Suite 3000 • Minneapolis • Minnesota • 55415
**** **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.. All Rights Reserved