Discover The Renaissance Blackstone, a downtown Chicago luxury hotel near Grant Park. This downtown Chicago hotel has been a favorite of movie stars, sports legends, royalty and presidents since 1910. Thoughtfully restored to its original grandeur, this Michigan Avenue hotel features French Beaux-Arts architecture and over 1,400 contemporary works by local artists. The Blackstone boasts stunning guest rooms and suites, while Mercat a la Planxa serves modern Catalan cuisine in a unique Mediterranean setting. Host unforgettable affairs inside the magnificent Crystal Ballroom and marvel at 11,396 square feet of lavish meeting space. Located just steps from Chicago's major attractions including McCormick Place, Grant Park, Soldier Field, Art Institute of Chicago, Field Museum, Millennium Park, Navy Pier and Shedd Aquarium. Welcome to The Legendary Blackstone Renaissance.
We currently have a position available as Shipping/Receiving Clerk. This challenging position has overall responsibility for receiving, storing and dispersing hotel goods to ensure that each department's supply needs are met in a timely and efficient manner.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
• Inspect items received for consistency and quality, verify invoice against items ordered or received. Transport products to assigned storerooms and provide organized storage of all items for future use.
• Store all items received in appropriate storeroom; rotate stock using first in first out inventory method, and/or enforcing empty for full policy. Assist departments in establishing pars and reorder points as needed. Complete periodic inventories of supplies. Document receipt, storage and disbursements of items.
• Issue merchandise, including food, beverages, alcohol, and/or non-food products, as requested on authorized requisitions. Distribute supplies to department making requests in a timely manner. Assist Departments in moving various supplies and equipment into and out of storerooms as needed.
• Maintain cleanliness and organization of storerooms; maintain adequate security provisions for storerooms as assigned. Order frequently used items as needed or requested by supervisor, based on standardized hotel guidelines and existing par levels.
• May assist with other duties as needed.
High School Diploma or equivalent and six months experience in a stock or receiving position, preferrably in Food and Beverage environment, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Excellent written & verbal communication skills are required.
Sage Hospitality Resources is one of the nation's leading hotel management and development companies, specializing in management and development of full service and limited service hotels nationwide. We are recognized as an innovative leader in the industry as an operator, employer, developer, and investor. In every business activity, Sage is focused on its vision - To be recognized by our customers as the best in our business.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.