Adhere to hotel specifications and standards in operating the dishwashing machine to wash designated Restaurant and Kitchen wares, clean and maintain equipment and Dishwashing/ Kitchen/ Cafeteria/ Compactor and Storage areas. Assist in washing pots, pans and other Kitchen utensils/equipment. Complete other special cleaning projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
· Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
· Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
· Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
· Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
· Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated items, according to OSHA regulations.
· Set up and organize work station with designated supplies and equipment; report shortages to supervisor. Replenish as needed throughout the shift.
· Check the working condition of dishwashing machine in accordance with specifications; rectify any deficiencies.
· Fill the dishwashing machine with specified amounts of designated chemicals. Ensure the temperature level of each cycle is set to standard.
· Organize the breakdown area for drop off of dirty wares.
· Remove excess food, debris and film from soiled wares before placing them in the dishwashing machine.
· Position wares in designated racks correctly and send through dishwashing machine only when full.
· Clean only designated wares in the dishwashing machine.
· Remove washed wares from dishwashing machine and allow to air dry.
· Inspect the cleanliness and condition of all washed wares and rewash wares not meeting standards.
· Sort, stack and store cleaned wares in designated areas.
· Handle all wares carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
· Change dishwashing machine water/filters and refill as specified to ensure all wares are properly cleaned.
· Monitor usage of dishwashing machine and chemicals to maximize consumption of water and chemicals.
· Maintain cleanliness and working condition of garbage disposal.
· Breakdown and clean dishwashing machine and work areas.
· Clean and sanitize pots, pans, utensils and other kitchen equipment.
· Stock Kitchen lines with designated cleaned wares, utensils and equipment.
· Clean spills in Kitchen and work areas immediately.
· Use designated chemicals, supplies and equipment to clean various floor surfaces (brooms, mops, stripper, buffer, etc.).
· Transport mats to the loading dock and clean.
· Maintain cleanliness and organization of supply/storage closets; remove trash, wipe down shelves/counters; clean floors; remove items which do not belong and place in correct areas.
· Transport garbage containers from kitchen and work areas to dumpster; empty and clean. Adhere to recycling regulations.
· Clean garbage compactor and area as assigned.
· Report any damages, maintenance problems or safety hazards to the supervisor.
· Adhere to all Health Department, sanitation and safety regulations as required by the hotel.
· Organize and restock work areas for next shift.
Destination Hotels & Resorts, Inc.
Website : http://www.destinationhotels.com
Destination Hotels & Resorts began in 1972 with the development and management of condominium resorts. Since then, we have grown to become the country's fifth largest independent management company with more than 6,500 employees, over 7,000 guest rooms, and more than $1.7 billion in assets under management. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Los Angeles-based Lowe Enterprises, a privately-held, national real estate organization active in commercial and hospitality property investment, management, and development. Since its inception, Lowe has been responsible for more than $6 billion in assets nationwide. Destination Hotels & Resorts is unique in the lodging industry in that our primary mission is to create value for guests, investors, and associates in each of our hotels and resorts. We do this by developing an innovative, customized business plan for each property we manage and combining it with the sales, marketing, and operating resources of a company many times our size. This lodging industry expertise, together with the real estate savvy of Lowe, has allowed us to bring an owner's perspective to the hotel management business. Destination Hotels & Resorts is one of the industry's leaders in the management and marketing of high-quality independent properties, many of which we successfully converted from major brand affiliations. Over the years, Destination Hotels & Resorts has grown to be the fifth largest independent management company in the United States, managing a portfolio in excess of a billion dollars.