Target Brands, Inc.
San Jose, CA, United States
Hospitality, Retail, Manager
Food & Beverage Team Leader
Food & Beverage Team LeaderApply NowJob ID:R0000051372Date posted:10/15/2019schedule:VariableLocation:2155 Morrill Avenue, San Jose, California, United States, 95132;
ALL ABOUT TARGET
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say, “I love Target!” When you work at Target, you’re helping every family discover the joy in everyday life. You’re working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do. The food and beverage team works together to provide the guest a fresh, full, and food safe shopping experience all day, every day.
ALL ABOUT FOOD & BEVERAGE
The Food & Beverage team enables a consistent experience for our guests by ensuring product is fresh, in stock, available and accurately priced and signed on the sales floor. They are experts of operations, process and efficiency. This team leads food and food services including replenishment, inventory accuracy, food safety, presentation, pricing and promotional signing processes for all Food and Beverage areas of the store.
At Target we believe in our leaders having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career. The role of a Food & Beverage Team Leader can provide you with the:
• Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience building a guest first culture on your team
• Knowledge of Food and Beverage business fundamentals: department sales trends, freshness and quality, inventory management, guest shopping patterns, pricing and promotions strategies
• Skills in planning department(s) daily/weekly workload to support food & beverage priorities and deliver sales goals
• Experience leading a team of hourly team members; including skills in interviewing, developing, coaching, evaluating and retaining talent
As a Food & Beverage Team Leader, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
• Understand sales goals, plan and execute daily/weekly workload to deliver on department and store sales goals and guest engagement. Including: merchandising, pricing, transitions, revisions, sales plans, sampling, and promotions.
• Execute a fresh, full and food safe area during all operating hours leveraging strong inventory management and area routines.
• Assess Food & Beverage and Food Service (where applicable) backroom and sales floor areas; walk Food & Beverage Standards to identify priorities and develop business plans and assignment sheets; review reporting to identify business trends for follow up.
• Validate and follow up on experts' progress against daily assignment sheets and department checklists (Target Café and Starbucks).
• Work a schedule that aligns to guest and business needs (this includes early morning, evening, overnight shifts and weekends).
• Partner with vendors to ensure service agreements are being met and areas are full and maintained.
• Lead your team to uphold and maintain all Starbucks and Pizza Hut Brand Standards and foster a productive relationship with your Starbucks DM, following up on key takeaways from their time in your store (where applicable).
• Expect and enable team members to stay up-to-date on relevant trends and products.
• Evaluate and recommend candidates for open positions and develop a guest-centric team.
• Lead team onboarding and learning.
• Establish clear goals and expectations and hold team members accountable to expectations.
• Close knowledge and skill gaps through training and experiences.
• Become a subject matter expert in federal, state and local adult beverage laws as they apply to your business and protect your store’s liquor license (if applicable).
• If applicable, as a key carrier, follow all safe and secure training and processes.
• Provide service and a shopping experience that meets the needs of the guest.
• Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance. Lead team to work in the same way and hold others accountable to this commitment.
• Address store needs (emergency, regulatory visits, etc.).
• All other duties based on business needs.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We might be a great match if:
• Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited…. We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our guests
• Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE TARGET! excites you…. That’s why we love working at Target
• Leading teams who are stocking, setting and selling Target product sounds like your thing… That’s the core of what we do
• You aren’t looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day… We are busy all day (especially on the weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired and rewarded
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be a Food & Beverage Team Leader. But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older
• Previous retail and/or food experience preferred, but not required
• Strong interest and knowledge of the food & beverage business
• Lead and hold others accountable
• Learn and adapt to current technology needs
• Work independently and as part of a team
• Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently
• Welcoming and helpful attitude
• Effective communication skills
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
• Access all areas of the building to respond to guest or team member issues
• Interpret instructions, reports and information
• Accurately handle cash register operations
• Climb up and down ladders
• Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
• Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Target will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Target Brands, Inc.
Website : http://www.target.com/