Ashburn, VA, United States
Oct 27, 2020
Director of Restaurants - (206561 )
Director of Restaurants (F&B)
Sumsup your new Role:
The Director ofRestaurant’s (or Director of Outlet’s) primary purpose is to oversee the dailyfood and beverage operations in support of the Director of Food &Beverage. Ensure all food and beverageoperations and Member services are coordinated to exceed Member expectations,while driving initiatives to achieve the Club's revenue and profit objectives. Thisposition will work closely with the Director of Food & Beverage andExecutive Chef to ensure the standards of service and safety guidelines aremet.
The benchmarksfor a successful Director of Restaurants (Outlets) are: The maintenance of allquality standards for service, cleanliness, and safety; employee relations andstaff development. Assist the Food andBeverage Director in achieving annual sales and profit in overall Front ofHouse operations while exceeding Member expectations through strong leadershipand management skills.
Also responsiblefor assisting in the development, and training of all service personnel, tomaintain a high level of service as well as ensure that the Club adheres to thestandards that have been set forth by **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
Reports DirectlyTo: Director of Food and Beverage. DirectlySupervises all front of house food and beverage staff.
• Maintainexceptional Member Relations and facilities by creating a quality environmentthrough staffing, programming, service operations, maintenance.
• Completescheduled inventories and ensure proper administration processes are followed
• Responsible forFront of house scheduling and ensure that they meet budgeted labor targets
• Ensure allexpense control systems are in place with close monitoring of all departmentexpenses including revenue to payroll ratio. Ensure appropriate forecasting systemsare utilized.
• Work with theMember committees to develop and implement Member activities and events.
• Communicate withMembers on both group and individual basis to ensure the Club is exceedingtheir expectations.
• Collaborate withthe Food and Beverage team to create and implement new ideas
• Ensure compliancewith federal, state, and local food sanitation and safety regulations. Be knowledgeable about the most updated lawsand guidelines and communicate this information to the staff
• Assist in selectingand developing a qualified staff of Service Excellence Employees to understandthe relationships between value, Member service and satisfaction and Memberretention/attrition.
• Develop Employeesfor career advancement using Performance Review Systems, Cross Training, andDevelopmental Planning.
• Responsible forensuring the service is team is properly trained to deliver exceptional serviceand to create memorable moments for Member. This could include interactive dining, table-side service, promoting specialtyor signature items, etc.
• Create anexcellent work environment, centered upon teamwork and mutual respect that isexpected to focus upon Member Satisfaction and the 3 Steps of Service whileproducing the Club's revenue objectives.
• Implement and effectivelyexecute specific training programs timely and consistently to ensure Club staffis providing Members with quality service and product.
• Responsible forthe scheduling of all service personnel. Ensure controls on time reporting via the time management systems are inplace by computing the total hours and making sure the times are accurate byboth the Employee Partners and the supervisor. Ensure Employees are adhering to mandated policies and procedures asoutline in the Time Management Policy.
• Attend allDepartment Head staff meetings, Food & Beverage meetings, as well as holdweekly service training meetings and special training sessions when needed.Perform line-up twice daily going over the events of the day and Menu items.
• Partner withfellow Employees to provide the 3 Steps of Service (warm welcomes, magicmoments, and fond farewells) to all Members/guests.
• Ensure servicerecovery programs are in place, staff is properly trained to execute and beingproperly utilized as set forth by management.
• Executes allmenus, promotions, and programs as outlined by the Director of Food &Beverage in accordance with Club standards.
• Ensures thatdaily walkthroughs are being conducted in all Front of House areas
Allthe other stuff we do:
Because of the fluctuating demands of the company's operation, it may be necessary that each Employee perform a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your position, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employee Partners are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
Adhere to all the various company, club and department written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job
• Attend all Department Head, Food and Beverage, Private Events andGeneral Staff meetings.
• Continuously improve Member satisfaction through programming,pricing, promotions, and compliance with ClubCorp standards of operations andtraining.
• Where applicable, overseeside work duties assigned to F&B staff and general housekeeping for allF&B outlets.
• Initiate and control awine/beverage sales incentive for the service team on a monthly or quarterlybasis.
• In addition, maintain therequired ClubCorp Standards of Operations by helping the F&B Director incontrolling labor costs, linen costs, miscellaneous F&B expenses, etc.
• 5 years in Clubmanagement or related field in Food & Beverage Industry.
• Bachelor's Degreepreferred.
• Food HandlersCertificate, Alcohol Safety, STAR Service Certification, STAR Trainer Certification,TABC Certification, and CPR Certification preferred.
• Deals with highlyconfidential material (i.e. Member/Employee Data).
• Service STARTraining, Alcohol Management.
• Computer literacyrequired/Spreadsheet knowledge required. Computer skills, good communicationskills, ability to be a strong leader.
• Professionalindoor office/Club environment.
Standing, walking, exposure to temperature changes, dust, fumes,or gases, climbing/ladders, squatting/kneeling, reaching, grasping,pushing/pulling, twisting/bending, lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling up to 100lbs on occasion, folding/unfolding, talking, hearing, and seeing.
Primary tools/equipment used in this position and approximateweight:
Trays (2 - 60lbs.)
AttendanceRequirements for this position:
Attendance Requirements for this position as outlined on theweekly schedule. Additional hours are required to meetdeadlines of the position, including weekends and/or holidays.
Belmont Country Club, 19661 JUPITER Manor Lane, Ashburn, VA,
Restaurants and Bar